Brunch is my favourite meal of the day and is better enjoyed with friends. Occasionally, though, it’s nice to stay home and make some runny poached eggs to enjoy with delicious avocado.
Here is my favourite version:
2 firm but ripe Avocado
2 slices of Sourdough or Rye bread
Handful of Rocket leaves
Feta cheese (as little or as much as you like!)
Small handful of Pepitas
Handful of Cherry Tomatoes
Sprinkle of Dukkah and Black Pepper to season.
1. Start to poach 2 eggs to your liking…. Personally I prefer runny eggs! But adjust your preparation time according to how long your eggs will be on.
2. Whilst your eggs are on, pop your toast in the toaster.
3. Halve the advocado, remove the pit and remove avocado flesh and cut into small square ‘chunks’. It doesn’t have to be neat! Place in a bowl and roughly mash with a fork.
4.In a separate bowl add the Feta (roughly cut into small cubes), the Rocket and the Pepitas. Stir in a glug of Olive oil and the juice of half a lemon.
5. Butter your toast if desired, put the rocket mixture on the toast and top with the avocado.
6. Add cherry tomatoes as desired and top your avocado with your poached eggs.
7.Sprinkle with a light dusting of Dukkah and Black Pepper. You can also add other small seeds to garnish such as sesame. Serve with a Lemon Wedge.